10 August 2010

where are they now?

Name
Himmat Mahal

Country of Origin
India

When did you train at Beckers?
November 2006 to June 2007

Why helicopters?
Initially I really didn't know why helicopters but the day I started flying at Beckers I just knew exactly why I should be flying helicopters. It's so amazing what all helicopters can do. Every flight has something new to teach.

Biggest challenge at training and why?
Passing the theory exams. Why? It's just that I am not a very theoretical person. But this does not mean that it's not important. Whatever I have learned has come handy to me til now and I am so sure it will come handy in the future also.

Most memorable flight?
First solo. I think everyone will agree with me.


What did you do after you finished your training?
Came back to India and started flying here.

What are you doing now?
Working with Pawan Hand Helicopters Pvt Ltd, India

How many hours have you logged?
900+

What are you ratings?
R22, R44 and B206 series. I'm presently doing my endorsement on AS 365N (Dauphin)

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
Get more experience and then probably start flying somewhere else (country)

Advice to those wanting to learn to fly?
If this is what you want to do why keep on waiting. Now is the best time. Excuses will always be there.

Advice on looking for work?
Keep on it. There's always an opening somewhere.

Final words?
Hmmmm, Fly safe, Happy Landings.



No comments:

 

unique hits
Dendrobium Orchids